Nominations must include:
- Name, mailing address, email address and phone number of the nominated award recipient and which award the nomination is for;
- Name, email address and phone number of the person submitting the nomination; a brief narrative on the reasons for nominating the specific individual for the specific award. Additional information may be required after the initial nomination is submitted.
Awards & Past Recipients
Bowl Of Hygeia
Recognizes a pharmacist who possess outstanding records of civic leadership in their communities and encourages pharmacists to take active roles in their communities.
- Terri Smith Moore, PhD, MBA, RPh (2015)
- Patricia Noumedem, PharmD (2016)
- Daneka Lucas, PharmD (2017)
Herb Kwash “Pharmacist of the Year”
Recognizes a pharmacist who is a member of the WDCPhA and has demonstrated commitment and dedication to the mission and goals of WDCPhA. This award is named in honor of Mr. Herb Kwash, who for many years served as a exemplary WDCPhA leader.
- Tamara McCants, PharmD (2015)
- Michael Kim, PharmD (2016)
- Janis Jackson, PharmD (2017)
Cardinal GenerationRx Champions
Given to a pharmacists who has demonstrated work with prescription drug abuse. (Brown bagging, etc) This award also gives the association $500 to use as you wish and another $500 to the charity of the recipient’s choice.
- Kofi Onumah, PharmD (2015)
- Monika Daftary, PharmD (2016)
- Adeoye Owolewa, PharmD (2017)
NASPA Excellence in Innovation
Recognizes and honors a qualified pharmacist who has demonstrated significant innovation in his or her respective practice, method, or service directly or indirectly resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy.
- Jose Diaz-Luna, RPh (2015)
- Emmanuel Akala, PhD, RPh (2016)
- LCDR Carlisha Gentles, PharmD (2017)
James Harris “Professional of the Year”
Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated support of the WDCPhA and has significantly contributed to pharmacy in the District of Columbia. The recipient may or may not be a member of WDCPhA. This award is named in honor of Mr. James “Jimmy” Harris who dedicated years of service to the WDCPhA and to pharmacy in the District of Columbia.
- Daphne Bernard, PharmD (2015)
- Heather Free, PharmD (2016)
- Charlene Fairfax, RPh (2017)
Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award
- Clarence Moore, PharmD (2016)
- Mia Barnes, PharmD (2017)
Pharmacy Technician of the Year
Recognizes a pharmacy technician in the District of Columbia who has worked as a pharmacy technician for at least 5 years, and has demonstrated outstanding service to pharmacy practice and the communities of the District of Columbia.
- India Mack, CPhT (2015)
- Stacy Green, CPhT (2016)
- Marquite Alston, CPhT (2017)
Student Leadership Award
Recognizes a full-time pharmacy student who has demonstrated outstanding leadership.
- Jateh Major and Nikeshia Dunkelly-Allen (2015)
- Samantha Greene (2016)
- Micah Johnson (2017)
Steadfast Supporter Award
- CARE Pharmacies (2017)