Nominations must include:
- Name, mailing address, email address and phone number of the nominated award recipient and which award the nomination is for;
- Name, email address and phone number of the person submitting the nomination; a brief narrative on the reasons for nominating the specific individual for the specific award. Additional information may be required after the initial nomination is submitted.
Awards & Past Recipients
Bowl Of Hygeia
Recognizes a pharmacist who possesses outstanding records of civic leadership in their communities and encourages pharmacists to take active roles in their communities.
- Carolyn Rachel-Price (2021)
- Jose Diaz-Luna, PharmD (2020)
- Christopher Keeys, PharmD (2019)
- Ivan Cephas, PharmD (2018)
- Daneka Lucas, PharmD (2017)
Herb Kwash “Pharmacist of the Year”
Recognizes a pharmacist who is a member of the WDCPhA and has demonstrated commitment and dedication to the mission and goals of WDCPhA. This award is named in honor of Mr. Herb Kwash, who for many years served as an exemplary WDCPhA leader.
- Carolyn Rachel-Price, BS Pharm (2020)
- Stephanie Holliday, PharmD (2019}
- Janis Jackson, PharmD (2017)
Cardinal GenerationRx Champions
Given to a pharmacist who has demonstrated work with prescription drug abuse. (Brown bagging, etc) This award also gives the association $500 to use as you wish and another $500 to the charity of the recipient’s choice.
- Adeoye Owolewa, PharmD (2017)
NASPA Excellence in Innovation
Recognizes and honors a qualified pharmacist who has demonstrated significant innovation in his or her respective practice, method, or service directly or indirectly resulting in improved patient care and/or advancement of the profession of pharmacy.
- Samir Balile (2022)
- Marie Massing, PharmD (2019)
- LCDR Carlisha Gentles, PharmD (2017)
NASPA Leadership Award
Recognizes a pharmacist who has demonstrates outstanding leadership.
- Juan Gabriel Medrano (2022)
- Joshua Bailey, PharmD (2019)
James Harris “Professional of the Year”
Recognizes an individual who has demonstrated support of the WDCPhA and has significantly contributed to pharmacy in the District of Columbia. The recipient may or may not be a member of WDCPhA. This award is named in honor of Mr. James “Jimmy” Harris who dedicated years of service to the WDCPhA and to pharmacy in the District of Columbia.
- Kapiamba Muteva, RPh. (2019)
- Charlene Fairfax, RPh (2017)
Distinguished Young Pharmacist Award
- Jasmine Inman (2020)
- Juan Gabriel Medrano, PharmD (2019)
- Mia Barnes, PharmD (2017)
Pharmacy Technician of the Year
Recognizes a pharmacy technician in the District of Columbia who has worked as a pharmacy technician for at least 5 years, and has demonstrated outstanding service to pharmacy practice and the communities of the District of Columbia.
- Michael Millington, CPhT (2020)
- Marquite Alston, CPhT (2017)
- Stacy Green, CPhT (2016)
Student Leadership Award
Recognizes a full-time pharmacy student who has demonstrated outstanding leadership.
- Hollye Weekes (2020)
- Alisha Bailey (2019)
- Micah Johnson (2017)
Steadfast Supporter Award
- CARE Pharmacies (2017)